The Blackstone LaunchPad at Bird Library: A Global Innovation Hub
*This article is sponsored by the Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University, an innovation hub located on the main floor of Bird Library and open to all faculty, staff, students and alumni who are interested in exploring ideas, creative entrepreneurship and venture development.
The Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars is at the heart of Syracuse University’s ecosystem — a global network that provides support for aspiring entrepreneurs, inventors, and innovators. Students from 91 countries are part of this creative community, which includes faculty, staff, and students from across campus, and around the world.
The LaunchPad is a community where like-minded students can develop ideas, work on solutions, build teams, and discover the process of venture creation. They develop critical thinking and skills that will help them develop entrepreneurial skills to put to work in businesses and communities around the globe. Some students go on to launch businesses, but for many others, the Blackstone LaunchPad is a talent development tool that gives them real-world experience, making them attractive candidates for top innovation companies around the world.
The LaunchPad’s location in Bird Library reflects the important role of SU Libraries as the campus hub for innovation, exploration and discovery. It is features student Global Fellows, and is supported by a global network of mentors and subject matter experts, as well as professional staff.
The LaunchPad features:
• ONE-STOP CONNECTIONS to a global network of entrepreneurial resources and programs
• ONE-ON-ONE MENTORINGthat takes helps take ideas from concept to commercialization
• CAMPUS CHALLENGES, AND NATIONAL, STATE AND REGIONAL BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITIONS that provide opportunities to earn seed funding
• GUEST SPEAKERS AND FIRE- SIDE CHATS with successful entrepreneurs, to share ideas
• WORKSHOPS AND TECHNI- CAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
• CO-WORKING SPACE with the most entrepreneurial students from around the world
• OPEN THE SAME HOURS AS BIRD LIBRARY, with great collaboration space to work with team members on projects
April 2019 stats at a glance:
• 3,553 participants
• 572 venture ideas
• 65 incorporated companies
• $1.84 million raised in business competitions
• 50/50 female to male ratio
• 5,000+ event attendees
• 30 provisional patents filed
• 7 nonprovisional patents filed
• 3 patents approved
The Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University is looking for fall 2019 Blackstone Global Fellows. Contact email@example.com with a resume and cover letter to be considered for this amazing opportunity.